Are LED Bulbs Worth the Money?

Are LED Bulbs Worth the Money?

You’ve probably heard the buzz about LED lightbulbs at some point in recent years. In fact, it’s difficult to find more ‘traditional’ bulbs nowadays, since LED lights have taken over. One of the drawbacks to LED lighting is that it can be more expensive than standard incandescent bulbs. In fact, incandescent bulbs cost about $1.00 each, where an LED bulb can cost around $8.00.

So, why is the big switch to LED important? It’s because the benefits outweigh the costs in the long run.

LED bulbs have so many positive attributes, that standard old incandescent bulbs don’t stand a chance. If you’re feeling like LED bulbs aren’t worth the money, let’s take a look at some of the biggest benefits you’ll get when using them.

 

They Last LongerCFL-13-watt-Eathtronics

LED bulbs can last up to 25,000 hours. Compare that to an incandescent bulb that lasts around 1,200 hours, and the bulb has already paid for itself.

WHOA!

There’s an environmental impact to these long-lasting bulbs, too. The longer a light bulb lasts, the less often it will have to be replaced, or thrown away. Some glass can be recycled, but when a light bulb burns out, you’re probably throwing it in the trash. The less glass in the trash, the better!

LED bulbs are also completely recyclable because they contain no toxic chemicals. Less materials are used to make them less waste is produced when getting rid of them. It’s a win-win!

They Are Environmentally Friendly

Speaking of the environment, LED bulbs are energy-efficient. In fact, they have an energy efficiency of anywhere from 80-90%. That means up to 90% of the electricity used by an LED light is used just for that – lighting. The other 10% is used for other forms of energy, like heat. Traditional light bulbs only have an energy efficiency of around 20%. That means nearly 80% of the energy they use is being wasted.

They Are Durable

LEDs can be used almost anywhere! They are extremely durable because they’re not made of glass. They’re also hollow on the inside, so they can withstand harsh outdoor conditions, but they’re also great for inside the home. The versatility of these bulbs is one of the things that makes them so popular. That’s why even big businesses and airports have made the switch to LED lighting.

 

They Are Safe

Finally, LEDs give out almost no UV emissions. Not only is that better for the environment, but it means they can be used in areas that are UV-sensitive. That could be anywhere from an art gallery to your kitchen. Again, they are extremely versatile.

blog-photo-utility-bill

So, can LED light bulbs cost a bit more money up front?

Yes.

But, the amount of money you’ll save on your electric bill, and in not having to buy light bulbs again for a very long time will more than make up that cost quickly.

As you can see, there are many other benefits to consider with these lights, too. So, don’t be afraid to open up your pocketbook and do something good for the planet, and for yourself, by switching over to LED bulbs.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *